[Resolved] background image page hero color transparency

Home Forums Support [Resolved] background image page hero color transparency

Home Forums Support background image page hero color transparency

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Schuyler

i’ve been trying to get the background image to show up but to no avail. having read support threads in the forum it looks like i need to go to customizer>color> header or body transparent but i don’t see options for that…is it supposed to be there and would that solve the problem of no background image showing up?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

do you want to add a background image just to the Page Hero or is it meant to be the entire body of the site?

If its just the Page Hero then edit your Header Element and select background image – it can either be the pages featured image or a custom image.

For entire body then make sure you have the Background module activated and in Customizer > Backgrounds > Body you can add an image

let me know.

Schuyler

thanks. just the home page. do you have recommendations on making the image more responsive? Maybe media queries–if so do you have recommended dimensions for each device size?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Background images are not responsive by nature so it’s hard to deal with.

I checked your site and looks like it’s already pretty good?

Might help to change the padding with mobile toggle?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/#padding

Schuyler

thanks, i just started experimenting w/ a bunch of padding changes and it has improved. i’ll probably try some media queries or amp in order to improve mobile load time.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.