[Resolved] Background image

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Background image

Home Forums Support Background image

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Earl Green

Hi, I’m sure I’m missing this but it’s been over a year since I started working with GeneratePress and I’m finally ready to go live in the next few days. I put a background image that shows up as always there but I can’t remember where I can change it! lol Is it part of the theme, and if so where can I change it? I’ve searched but I must not be looking in the right place.

Thanks for any help!

Earl Green

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Earl,

You may have added it in “Customize > Background Images”.

Let me know 🙂

Earl Green

Ok Tom. I think it is “Customize > Background Images > Body”. It is confusing because it doesn’t show what the current image uploaded is. I know I did a special front page where several backgrounds came together but it’s been so long I can’t remember. I’ll send a print screen and see if that will help. I don’t want to mess it up, just want to remember what I did!

How can I attach a print screen/png?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m working on using the fields so they show the images just like the logo option.

If there’s an image set, there should be a “remove” link next to the upload button. Are you seeing anything like that?

You can upload the screenshot to your media library on your site and share the file URL.

Earl Green

OK. http://2c8.24d.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screen-Shot-2016-09-09-at-11.51.01-AM.png

There is a “remove” next to the “Upload” button but when you click on “Upload” I can’t tell which file was loaded. Is there a way to see the code?

Hope this works!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can tell which file is being used by looking at your site – it should be your background image.

To change it, simply click upload and choose a new image and insert it.

That should be all that’s required 🙂

Earl Green

OK. Great and thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Jojoba

I’m stumped a little here — I added a background image to the Body, but it never actually shows up. If I view the page after saving and publishing, and select “view background image” on the right-click menu, it throws a 404 error. Any suggestions?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Does the image show in the preview in “Customize > Background Images > Body”?

Jojoba

Hi Tom, It did the first time I applied it, but never again. Even if I remove and reapply the background image, it never shows up.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

When you upload an image through the Media Library, does it stay visible in there? The background add-on uses the core media library control, so if images aren’t successfully being uploaded it might be an issue with server permissions.

Jojoba

It’s visible in the media library, and I’ve tried re-uploading it and it still doesn’t show up.

Are there any limitations on path length? This is a demo I’m creating under my personal website, and the image paths are getting kinda long.

http://www.gwenbarnes.com/jojoba_staging/wp-content/uploads/images/bg-body.jpg (79 chars)

I’ve wiped and reinstalled WP a couple of times and this issue persists. It’s a real puzzler.

Thanks much for your help BTW

Jojoba

Eureka! Figured it out! I imported a css from the original website and it was “arguing” with my settings. I removed the css and now it’s visible.

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Aha! Glad you got it working 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.