[Resolved] Back to top button – working on one page not working on the other

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Back to top button – working on one page not working on the other

Home Forums Support Back to top button – working on one page not working on the other

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    robertino

Hi,

I would like to ask for help.

Recently I have created a new page for my website but the back to top button no longer works. And it seems like it is also affecting the smooth scroll as well.

I would like use the page I have just created as a temple for all the other pages as they need to be redesigned.

back-to-top not appearing: https://advantagefx.net/xm-global/ (will be used for the rest of the related pages)

back-to-top appears just fine https://advantagefx.net/tradeview-markets/

I’m using the same plugins as before no recent change or anything. Disabling the plugins trying did not help.
    The difference between the 2 pages is only the layout and the elements used. on the page. The rest is the same.

I have noticed tough that while I was checking the changes made on the site on my ipad wordpress was still making changes however on my ipad the site was already loaded but it was loaded without any style, and the button magically started working, however upon refresh when the full page loaded with all the changes the button no longer works.

Is it possible to check it for me please.

Regards

Robert.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sounds like something specific on that page is causing some js conflicts with the back to top and smooth scroll script from GP.

Can you try disabling all plugins except GP Premium?

There isn’t any other way we can debug this unfortunately.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

robertino

Hi Leo,

Thanks fir getting back to me so fast.

I have disabled all the plugins and the button started to work again. Should I start to activate them one by one and see check when it will stop working again ?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Exactly ๐Ÿ™‚

robertino

I did as suggested and as soon as I enabled elementor the button just stopped working. It gave up before I had the chance to activate Elementor pro.

I left this one as last to be sure all the other plugins are working fine.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

In this case you should report it to Elementor’s support and see if they notice anything from their end.

robertino

Could it Css related issue?

On the page where the button is working I left all the margins and paddings on deafult but on the new page I rastet all all of them to 0 and then added my own.
    I also used Css to set the body margins and paddings to 0 so I have control over it.

This is the the main thing I have changed on this page.

But I will get in touch with elementor as well.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I don’t believe it’s a CSS issue but you can certainly test by temporarily removing the CSS.

robertino

I will do that and I will get in touch with the elementor support as well and if they can help I will post a solution so it can help others in the future.

robertino

Hi Leo,

Before I have contacted elmentor I have removed the CSS and magically the button and the smoot scrolling started working again.

html,body
    {
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    overflow-x: hidden;
    }

And sure enough after removing overflow-x: hidden; everything went back to normal. Page design still intact even on the mobile version.
    The reason for adding overflow was so the content on the mobile version stays intact as it didn’t used to fit the screen and used to overflow to the left and I used to have big white bars on the left side when you zoom out the page.

So far so good.

Thanks for the help and I hope this will be useful for someone for the future as well.

Regards

Robert

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome.

Thanks for reporting back!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.