[Resolved] GP getting started questions – Awaken theme

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP getting started questions – Awaken theme

Home Forums Support GP getting started questions – Awaken theme

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We’re all trying to help – sometimes it’s hard to visualize/understand what’s needed.

I’m not sure if it will work or not, the only way to find out is to try. Placing the template in the navigation won’t automatically place it exactly where your current logo is, which is where CSS will come in.

Morgan

Ok, got it.
    And apologies for dwindling patience, it has been a long >14hrs.

I assume best method is to create a new post for what comes next.

Thanks again to both of you, I’ll close this topic.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Feel free to keep any questions regarding this specific issue (the logo) in here ๐Ÿ™‚

Morgan

Ok, will do.

Ta

Morgan

Hey Tom,

Was thinking on all the details raised on this post before the purpose of MERGE became clear to me.

Leo saying MERGE was “for a layout like my existing site reel.marketing (and Awaken theme)”, made little sense to me because – as per https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-as-a-header/ in the transparent menu example you’re discussing Page Heros, not sitewide navigation (perhaps this content should be on a dedicated Page Heros doc?).

What made no sense to me in Awaken – was that a GP-elements-header was placed on Homepage, with an Elementor template inside it, that was then placed on top of an existing Elementor page.
    Like, what is going on here!?
    The simple answer to that question, could have been – “so you can ‘merge’ it, which means it’s pushed up to ‘underlay’ the transparent Header-Nav”.
    Instead, because this concept didn’t occur to me, I got more confused.

I’ve seen specifying Header-Nav as transparent (with effectively negative-padding, ‘pulling up’ content below) so the Nav overlays content in all themes I’ve used, inc Astra, so took that approach for granted.

I appreciate that perhaps you’re approaching the page as sections/blocks, each with an assigned section.
    Yet, you’re already introduced the MERGE function, which doesn’t effectively explain itself on the page.
    I can def see MERGE as useful for specific Page Heros, Landing Pages and the like, yet Navigation is *fundamental* and needs precedence.

Instead, if I click ‘use nav as header’, then transparent, THEN MERGE (or perhaps “overlay content below/above”), it’s logical that the NAV would overlay the content below (and not need to create a Page Hero and specify MERGE so that this header content ‘underlays’the Nav). Also, this way it’s instantly *sitewide* (yes, I know the Page Hero can be sitewide, but above is simpler).
    The current seems backwards.

Just writing to offer feedback on something that’s easily fixed by something like above, and that’s (to my mind) essential and currently confusing.

And i’d imagine there would be more people like me, that simply want a transparent header, than people creating standalone Page Heros, and then merging it with a transparent menu?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s not necessary to create a Page Hero when you create a Header Element. You can just set the Site Header as merged, then apply that merged header using the Display Rules.

I don’t like the idea of a global merged option, as it doesn’t make sense/look good in some cases. For example, if the header is merged on a page without a hero (Page Hero or something in your content), it would overlap the existing content (sidebars?) and look bad. I like that you can choose where exactly you want the merged layout to display using our Display Rules.

That being said, I do agree that Awaken is confusing as of right now. We’ll be taking a look at simplifying it ASAP.

Let me know if I explained that ok – I really appreciate the feedback ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.