[Support request] Autoptimize settings – google fonts defer or async loading

Home Forums Support [Support request] Autoptimize settings – google fonts defer or async loading

Home Forums Support Autoptimize settings – google fonts defer or async loading

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    R

Hey guys

I followed the recommended Autoptimize settings

The only issue I have is, that google fonts are still loaded as render-blocking resource according to Google Page speed insights
    I tried to enable “combine and link deferred in head”, but it does not have any effect

what settings or maybe some other do you recommend to remove the google fonts from “render-blocking resources” to deferred or async loading?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the best solution is to serve the font locally – it will stop google from complaining about requests being made to its own servers….

This article explains how:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-local-fonts/

R

Hey David

I followed the step and successfully installed my Google font locally. It works well on the front end, but the fonts seem to not be loading in the gutenberg editor. I added a recording how the editor looks like in the private info field

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you share a link to the actual site so i can first check the Fonts are being loaded correctly?

R

Sure, here it is as private info

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok – so i can see Robot regular, 500 and 700 being loaded locally – is that correct ?

I also see them being loaded by Google though, along with Quicksand.
    If you all your Fonts are being served locally we can stop the Google request by adding this snippet which will also remove them from the Customizer:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/remove-google-fonts/

Fix that first then we can look at the editor issue, if it still exists.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.