[Resolved] Autoptimize + GeneratePress Cache Question

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Autoptimize + GeneratePress Cache Question

Home Forums Support Autoptimize + GeneratePress Cache Question

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andy

Hi there,

I plan on following your Autoptimize guide to the T:
    https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

Background:
    As I reviewed the AO forums, I noticed an ongoing issue with “cache buildup” occurring (with some users). As I understand it, “cache buildup happens when plugins (or pagebuilders) inject non-static JS or CSS code inline in the HTML.” Please note, I have no other plugins, no child theme, and I have Kinsta cache and Cloudflare cache disabled on my website. I only use GenerateBlocks to build my pages.

Question:
    My website may get around 50,000 visitors a day and I want to make sure I don’t run into an issue where the cache size fills up and crashes my site. What are your thoughts? Have you guys ever experienced anything like that on GeneratePress + AO?

Thank you,
    Andy

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey Andy,

I haven’t noticed any issues with AO on this site, which gets pretty heavy traffic.

However, if you have any concerns, I suggest contacting Frank in their forums. He’s super helpful and always happy to help and answer questions 🙂

Andy

Thanks Tom, they’ve been very helpful. They said: “start with those settings (referring to your guide) and if a problem with cache size does occur you might have to untick “also aggregate inline CSS”.”

Two final questions on this topic:
    1. Do you use the “Async JavaScript” plugin with your GP site as well?

2. Should I leave these AO settings checked with my GP site?

View post on imgur.com

Thank you,
    Andy

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. As of right now I don’t – haven’t found the need to as there isn’t a ton of javascript.

2. You should be fine with those. You can always experiment with speed tests and certain options to see what works best with your site/server.

Andy

Sounds good, thank you 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.