[Resolved] Autoptimize and navigation menu at bottom of page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Autoptimize and navigation menu at bottom of page

Home Forums Support Autoptimize and navigation menu at bottom of page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tony

I installed the autoptimize plugin on a site and when configured according to the GP documentation, I have a navigation menu at the bottom of the page. I can remove it by unchecking Optimize CSS Code. I opened an issue with autoptimize and they recommended excluding the theme or navigation plugin’s CSS. What files should I exclude? Or do you have other thoughts to fix this?

Thanks,
    Tony

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’ve tried inspecting the site but it requires a front-end password to access it.

Can you share the credentials so we can inspect?

Also, I’m not exactly sure what you’re trying to do.

Are you only trying to remove a navigation menu at the bottom of the page?

If so, I don’t think this has anything to do with caching plugins because there HTML structure rendered that we have to remove as well.

Tony

Login info included in private area. Before installing autoptimize I did not have a nav bar at the bottom of the page, nor do I want one. When I installed autoptimize and configured it as instructed in the GP documentation, a white bar appears at the bottom of the page, and if you look closely you see the menu items in the bar. As I mentioned in my first post, if I uncheck ‘Optimize CSS code’ in Autoptimize, the bar disappears. If I check it again, it reappears. I opened the issue with autoptimize, and they instructed me to add the theme or navigation plugin’s CSS to the ‘Exclude CSS from Autoptimize’ section of the Autoptimize settings, so this CSS would not be ‘optimized.’ This should keep the nav bar from appearing at the bottom of the page. Please advise. Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thats peculiar – have many sites using both off canvas and autoptimize and no conflict – so it may be a case its getting tangled up in other CSS styles being loaded

You can try excluding it – this is the style sheet file name:

offside.min.css

Tony

Thanks, David. Yes, peculiar, as I have another similarly configured site without the issue. I added the CSS file to the exclusion list as you mentioned and it took care of the issue. I wish I did not have to add the exclusion, but i’ll go with it for now.

Thanks for your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.