[Support request] Automatic Update Issue

Home Forums Support [Support request] Automatic Update Issue

Home Forums Support Automatic Update Issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Noah

Hi there,

I was hoping you’d be able to help me with an issue I’ve been having with GeneratePress premium for some time now. I currently have WordPress and GeneratePress themes/plugin set to auto-update. This works great, however, there always seems to be a period of up to a couple of hours where one is out of sync with the other and all the styling across my site gets broken, essentially loading the page with no CSS. This is instantly fixed by installing updates.

I was wondering if this is something that you’ve seen before and have an easy fix for, as it means I need to pre-empt updates at the moment or just turn off auto-updates, neither of which are great options for me.

Otherwise it is an incredibly efficient theme and we love it!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

– Noah

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the issue sounds more related to a Caching issue. Are you using any cache/optimization plugins ? If so those plugins and your browser may just need their caches clearing

Noah

Hi David,

Apologies for the delayed response. I do indeed use a caching plugin – I use a combination of lightspeed cache and autoptomize, as I found each have their own strengths and seem to be working well together.

If it is indeed the case of one of these plugins would it be a matter of refreshing the cache everytime the plugin updates? And are you aware of any way to do this? I have not had a chance to explore myself yet, but if you know a solution off the top of your head that would be super useful, otherwise I’ll spend some time exploring!

It may be worth saying that the problem does effect devices with a cleared cache, it does persist across incognito mode and on new devices not loaded on before. So, I guess it would be a server side caching issue?

Thanks again for your speedy reply, and look forward to hearing from you 🙂

All the best,

– Noah

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Noah,

It may be worth saying that the problem does effect devices with a cleared cache, it does persist across incognito mode and on new devices not loaded on before. So, I guess it would be a server side caching issue?

That may be the case. You can ask your webhost for that.

If you’re using CDN, that’s definitely worth checking on as well.

It may also be some of Litespeed cache’s settings. Consider doing an A/B test with it having no features enabled vs. having all features enabled.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.