[Support request] Author Bio at end of post

Home Forums Support [Support request] Author Bio at end of post

Home Forums Support Author Bio at end of post

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Adam

Hello,

I am trying to create a reusable author bio I can insert at the end of my blog posts. I would like a small round photo on the far left, with a brief paragraph ‘about the author’. Perhaps an Instagram icon/link.

What is the simplest way to do this (preferably without a plugin?). Ive tried Leo’s video…but I don’t have the elements option (not sure why, or if this is something else I Need to download).

Forgive my lack of tech skills…I’ve tried to create a custom block with generate blocks but geez its clunky and I cant seem to align it all so it looks nice on desktop and mobile.

Thank you.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Adam,

What is the simplest way to do this (preferably without a plugin?). Ive tried Leo’s video…but I don’t have the elements option (not sure why, or if this is something else I Need to download).

Let’s address this one first so you can try doing Leo’s video.

Go to Appearance > GeneratePress and make sure “Elements” is activated. https://share.getcloudapp.com/8LuoX02z

After activating, this option will appear under “Appearance” – https://share.getcloudapp.com/6qur6zKO

Adam

Ahhh ok, got the elements! What if I want to create a template, but without importing all the meta data from the user/author ? Do I do this with generate blocks or with elements?

Adam

In other words, how do I create a reusable template I can just insert as needed at the end of certain posts? (not automatically)

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahhh ok, got the elements! What if I want to create a template, but without importing all the meta data from the user/author ? Do I do this with generate blocks or with elements?

You can include/exclude whatever data you want.:D Assuming you start from scratch w/ the author box you’re making, it’s really up to you what added on the layout you make within the Block Element.

In other words, how do I create a reusable template I can just insert as needed at the end of certain posts? (not automatically)

I’m not sure what you mean by this. The author bio created through the Block element is automatically inserted to the single post page. The layout you make in it is automatically applied.

Do you mean to manually add the author box for each post instead? Any particular reason why you want to do that?

Let us know.

Adam

Hi Elvin, thats correct I want to manually add the author box. Like just “insert” author box at the end posts on an as needed basis. The reason is because I dont want all of my posts to have the author bio. And sometimes I want to change the author bio.

Is there some other way to make an author bio besides the block element?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

how may authors are there?
    As you can simply create your own author box in the post editor with static content, the save it as a reusable block which you can add to any post you want.

Adam

Well, there is really only one author (me). It’s just that I’m experimenting with different things to put at the end of posts and don’t always want an author bio.

This is probably a dumb question, but how do you make an author box with the post editor and save as a reusable block?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you have the GB pro version, you can add the design into its local template.

If you don’t have the GB pro, then save as a reusable block also works 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.