[Resolved] audio clips

Home Forums Support [Resolved] audio clips

Home Forums Support audio clips

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John

Hi Support at GP !

Three weeks into GP and difficult to describe how satisfied I am. But not sure which is better, the product or the support. Tough call !

I have 600 audio clips. Recorded with my iPhone in 2010. Ancient. 300 in English. 300 in German. Average duration is 2 minutes. I suspect that there is a way to upload them to my site – http://www.understand-culture.com

The key will be, should I decide to do this, where and how to place them on the site. And, if and how it is possible to do it so that that they automatically play one after the other.

To get a sense for the clips, go here: https://cultureinfluences.com/en/persuasion/

Do you folks have any thoughts on this?

John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Thanks for the great feedback – much appreciated!

Audio files can be uploaded to the Media Library.
    And you can add an Audio Block to the page to add a single audio file, or select multiple files to create a Playlist.

WordPress also supports embeds for streaming services like Soundcloud and Mixcloud. Which may be a better alternative if you want to manage and share clips outside of the site.

John

Got it.
    Thanks, David !

John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

John

Hi David,

I am sorry to bother you with this. I just spent a bunch of time in WP and on YouTube. And could not find an explanation. I want to create pages and posts which contain audio clips with me explaining cultural differences.

Creating a page or post which includes a single audio clip is simple. But how do I create a playlist? I simply could not find that option.

A second question, if I may: Is it possible to set up playlists such that the individual audio clips play automatically one after the other?

This is critical because my audio clips are only max. two minutes in duration. I have 300 clips in both languages, 600 altogether. We want folks to do as little clicking around as possible.

Thank you, David !

John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.