[Resolved] Arctic site

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Arctic site

Home Forums Support Arctic site

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ch1800

4 newbie questions:

– what is the off-canvas panel?
    – why the typography for header only applies to post titles (H1) in full post view and not for those same titles at homepage (and how to change those titles typography at homepage)?
    – where to edit the footer copyright signature?
    – why can’t remove the footer widget that says:

Footer Widget
    Replace this widget content by going to Appearance / Widgets and dragging widgets into this widget area.
    To remove or choose the number of footer widgets, go to Appearance / Customize / Layout / Footer Widgets.

a/ There is such menu in customizer
    b/ I emptied ALL widget areas and this block is still there

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. the Off Canvas Panel provides a slideout or overlay menu ( with widget area ). Documents explaining it is here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/off-canvas-panel-overview/

2. Make sure you have the Copyright module activated in Appearance > GeneratePress. The you can edit it in the Customizer > Layout > Footer

3. Those widgets are just placeholders, if you wish to have no widgets displaying then you can see footer widgets to 0 in Customizer > Layout > Footer

ch1800

Thanks David,

You replied too fast and in the meanwhile I added a 4th question:
    – why the typography for header only applies to post titles (H1) in full post view and not for those same titles at homepage (and how to change those titles typography at homepage)?

RE the other questions:
    – OK for the canvas and copyright, got it

I don’t well understand your answer about footer widgets and placeholders.
    I want to have footer widgets but NOT this block that reads:

Subscribe Now
    This is where you’d add your OptinMonster or MailChimp newsletter form.

How do I remove this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

3. That is a widget in widget area 1 of the Footer – is it not visible when you edit that widget area?

4. Single Post title uses the H1, Posts on the blog uses the H2. You can edit all of the headings in Customizer > Typography > Headings.

ch1800

OK for post titles, solved.

ALL widgets are empty, no exception.
    But I still have this box.

Footer Widget
    Replace this widget content by going to Appearance / Widgets and dragging widgets into this widget area.
    To remove or choose the number of footer widgets, go to Appearance / Customize / Layout / Footer Widgets.

I just added there a text widget and it replaced the above but when I removed this text widget the block above re-appeared!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Those ‘placeholders’ will actually be removed in the next theme update.
    In the meantime to remove them, you either add widgets to each of the areas or reduce the number of widgets being displayed in the customizer.

ch1800

Sorry, but I don’t well understand the logic here.
    If I set the number of footer widgets to 0 this block is removed and there are no more footer widgets in Customizer but I still have 5 widget footer blocs under Appearance/Widgets.
    If I set those footer widgets to 1 I get back this thing and under Appearance/Widgets I still have 5 widget blocks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The widget areas will always display in “Appearance / Widgets”, as you can turn on widget areas within specific pages, even if the Customizer option is set to 0: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/footer-widgets/

ch1800

Thanks Tom, I better understand now.
    That makes sense and it’s a great addition having footers available that way!
    Nice.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.