[Resolved] Arctic: site description (tagline) not displaying

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Arctic: site description (tagline) not displaying

Home Forums Support Arctic: site description (tagline) not displaying

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Francis

Hello,

I’m brand new to GeneratePress…

I’m using the Arctic theme and the tagline is not displaying.
    Of course, I’ve left “Hide site tagline” unchecked in Customize > Site Identity.

More generally, where are Artic’s files located?

Thanks for your assistance!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Try disabling this option in the customizer:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-as-a-header/

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Francis

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your swift reply.
    It does help an awful lot, Sir! 😉

Btw., no big deal but I spotted a typo on the page you link to “Using navigation has a header”.

Do you prefer a separate topic for my question: “More generally, where are Artic’s files located?”
    “find” and “grep” haven’t helped much… Where’s all that stuff? 🙂
    Do you advise against editing “all.min.css” manually?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Btw., no big deal but I spotted a typo on the page you link to “Using navigation has a header”.

That’s not a typo, the option uses the navigation as the header of your site 🙂

It’s not a good idea to edit any of the theme files.

If you need to add CSS, use one of these methods:
    Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Francis

That’s not a typo, the option uses the navigation as the header of your site 🙂

Dear Leo,

I’m by no means an English scholar and, to make things worse, I’m French! Yes, I know that’s ugly. However, I beg to differ ever so slightly with you: If it’s not a “typo”, then it is a misspelling or a grammatical error, both terms I refrained from using, in order not to take the risk of hurting anybody’s feelings, as you seem to be deliciously nice people… 🙂

Using navigation has a header as seen above is one of the most popular and requested layouts currently.

I very much prefer the way you spell it in the post title:
    <h1 class=”entry-title”>Navigation as a Header</h1>

I’m right, you’re wrong. Period. As it won’t probably happen very often, I think it’s worth pointing out. 😉

It’s not a good idea to edit any of the theme files.

Duly noted, Sir.

Finally, as you apparently preferred not to answer my question “Where’s all that stuff–which I can understand–, I “grepped -Ri-ed” again and “>-ed” to a text file. Much better. I understand a bit better, which for a former “techie”–now useless but still curious old fart–is very satisfying.

Thanks for your assistance, Leo, and have a great day! 🙂

PS:Did I mention that GeneratePress blows my mind? These are my first steps but, hopefully, it will last.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh yes I thought you were referring to the title.

I’ve fixed that now. Thanks!

The site library templates don’t have any “special” files compare to the normal theme without the templates.

The importing process simply modified the customizer options for you and add some CSS in Additional CSS field in the customizer.

Francis

Thanks again, Leo!

I’m closing this ticket.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.