[Support request] Arctic Image Size

Home Forums Support [Support request] Arctic Image Size

Home Forums Support Arctic Image Size

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Sonja

Hello,

in Arctic Site, the featured Image is more wide then other images in the post.

How can I set, that all images in a post or page are as wide as the featured images?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Check the setting to display padding around featured images:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adjusting-the-featured-images/

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Sonja

Hmm, in this post I can not find an answer to my question. I want all images in the post or page have the size as featured images have.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Your question was:

in Arctic Site, the featured Image is more wide then other images in the post.

That’s because Arctic has the option Display padding around images unchecked in the customizer setting.

If you check that setting, it would have the same width as the container.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Sonja

This option is not checked. If I check it, then the featured image become smaller.

But I want all the images have the same size as featured images.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can link us to the page in question?

You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Let me know 🙂

Sonja

unfortunately it is a non public test site.

In Arctic Site, the features image has a specific width. I want that all the other images, that are manually inserted in posts and pages, have the same width.

I thought this must be a simple setting. But I don´t know where to set this.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think we have some miscommunication here.

There isn’t anything special done for the featured image of Arctic other than the Display padding around images indicated above.

The original images are 1000*500px. When it’s added in the content, it just scaled down to fit the content container.

If you upload the images wider than the container width, it should scale down the same way as the featured images.

If this still doesn’t help, any chance we can revisit the issue once we have something live to look at?

Sonja

Yeah, I also think, there is some miscommunication here.

Look, a featured image is scaled with more width, then other images in the post. If I manually insert other images, the they have the same width as the text. But the featured image is more expanded as the text.

I only want, that all the other images, that i add manually to the content, have the same width then the featured images, which are more expanded as the text.

Do you know what I mean 😉

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh I see. That’s actually a bit difficult as Tom explained here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/make-images-wider-than-text/#post-318894

Give this CSS a shot though:

.entry-content img {
        margin-left: -60px;
        margin-right: -60px;
    }
    Sonja

Hmm, Tom said: “It’s not typically possible to make an image stretch outside a container.”

But they should not stretch outside the container. They should be like featured images, which are also not outside the container.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It is considered to be outside the container when it’s not within the padding:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/Vcax67l39LHd

Did the CSS not work?

If we will need to the method Tom suggested.

Sonja

the css make the image on the left side like featured image, But not on the right side.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Sonja

But why does this work with featured image without problems and not with the other images?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.