[Resolved] Archive pages?

Home Forums Support Archive pages?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeff

On a fresh installation, if I create a blank page with the title “blog” and then I go to Settings->Reading and then select the home page display as static posts, and then I select the blank page I just created as the “posts” page and then press save. And then I go to Appearance->Menus and add that same “blog” page to the menu. Now I have a “blog” link on my main navigation and when I click that link, it shows a list of my blog posts.

Is this the correct way to add a link to your blog?
    Is this page considered an archive page?
    Are archive pages also what you see after you click on a category or tag link?
    Are archive pages something that need to be configured similar to configuring Permalinks, or do archive pages just happen naturally once you create categories, tags, etc.?

I’ve looked up what achive pages are but I feel like my understanding of them is missing something when I read other people mentioning them in their questions.

Is there anything else you can mention about archive pages that might be useful to know?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The blog/archive pages are automatically generated by WordPress itself.

When you create/publish posts, they are automatically added to the loop and displayed in the blog/archive pages.

Is this the correct way to add a link to your blog?

– Yes

Is this page considered an archive page?

– Yes. If you right click on that page and use the browser inspect tool, you will see it in the body:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/9vsmH9jU

Are archive pages also what you see after you click on a category or tag link?

– Yes. You can use the same method above.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Jeff

Thanks Leo!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.