[Resolved] Archive Header Does not contain navigation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Archive Header Does not contain navigation

Home Forums Support Archive Header Does not contain navigation

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PJ

The header is working perfectly fine on every page except for the Speaker Archive page “/speakers/”. When you look at the Archive header, the navigation div is sitting outside of the header element which ruins the composition of the site logo and menu. Both the archive templates just call get_header(), so I don’t think it’s something in my custom or the original template. I could really use help with this. It’s time sensitive for my client. Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The navigation location is set to after the header on that page. Is the navigation set to “Float Right” in “Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation”?

PJ

Yes, that is how the navigation is set. However, I took control over the css for the navigation and made it look good on other pages, but I didn’t realize that on certain pages the navigation would drop out of the header. Is there a way to control the html/php side of that? I can fix it with css, but it would be a good amount of work.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If it’s set to Float Right in the Customizer, it means it’s set to After Header somewhere else.

Is there a Header Element added to that page?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

If so, there’s a Navigation Location option in those as well.

PJ

Yep, I’ve added the page hero to other pages without causing a problem, but I must have changed navigation location in that one header. No idea when or why I did that. Thanks a ton! Super helpful.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.