[Support request] Apply page header to older posts

Home Forums Support [Support request] Apply page header to older posts

Home Forums Support Apply page header to older posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul

Hey Tom.

I have a bunch of older posts created before the new Pager Headers feature was enabled. These set specific images, sizes and effects etc.

However, with the new feature I would like to simply apply my new Page Header to all (or many) older posts at once.

I don’t see a way to do this, and I am not up for editing every post in the site.

Are you planning to add Page Header selection to the Quick Edit in /posts? Or maybe on the post itself with a simple “select Pager Header” override that replaces current settings?

Apologies if this is already there and I am just missing it!

Cheers; Paul.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Paul,

Good point here – there’s not an easy way to do it right now. Even if there was an option in Quick Edit, you would have to remove the current page header options from those individual pages.

The only automated way would be to add a script to loop through your posts and remove the old page header options – how many posts are there?

Paul

Too many, Tom ๐Ÿ™‚

No worries. I’ll just clean-up the older posts every time I edit or link to them.

Here’s one thing you could add that would be a real time-saver. A “clear” or “reset” option on the old page-header feature? Something that removes the image and undoes all the other settings?

Or is there a faux shortcut to resetting already? e.g. just remove the image?

p.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No shortcut unfortunately. We could build a function specific to you which could loop through your posts, but if you have a lot of posts, it will likely timeout your server.

I’ll definitely put some thought into it ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.