[Support request] Apparent Conflict with Web-Dorado Facebook Feed

Home Forums Support [Support request] Apparent Conflict with Web-Dorado Facebook Feed

Home Forums Support Apparent Conflict with Web-Dorado Facebook Feed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kelly

Hi Tom,

I have installed the WebDorado’s Facebook Feed plugin and using it in the footer of my site. https://web-dorado.com/products/wordpress-facebook-feed-plugin.html

It works well for the most part except the feed truncates our facebook page name in an odd way in the feed. I contacted them about it, and they said it was a conflict with my theme. They did a customized fix for me to get it to display correctly, but then a subsequent update wiped out the changes, and now I am back to it displaying incorrectly.

I contacted them again and they said they would fix it again, which I am still waiting on. I asked them to explain what they do to fix it so I wouldn’t have to rely on them each time, but they just say they will fix it for me installation since it is a conflict with the template.

So with that, I figured I would bother you about it and see if perhaps you might be interested in contacting them so this conflict could be resolved so I don’t have to keep asking for a fix when there is an update.

Unfortunately, I don’t have much detail on what is causing the issue since they are being a bit tight lipped about it.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I’m not sure what I’m looking for in the footer there?

There’s not much we can do without more information about what the conflict is. Did they not give you any details at all?

Kelly

Sorry there isn’t a lot to go on. If you look in the footer under The Whole News that is the facebook feed. Instead of “Whole Athlete shared…” it displays as “Wholehlete shared….” It is dropping the space and the first two characters of athlete.

WebDorado hasn’t been too forthcoming on what the issue, but hoping I can get that out of them. Thought I would let you know what is going on in case you had a connection with them or someone else was experiencing a similar issue.

Thanks, Kelly

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, I see.

The actual HTML is outputting that: https://www.screencast.com/t/YB1shHIB1Jvq

I’m not sure how the theme would manipulate that – I would definitely be interested in learning more about that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.