[Resolved] anyone offer Core Web Vitals service for GeneratePress and WP Rocket

Home Forums Support [Resolved] anyone offer Core Web Vitals service for GeneratePress and WP Rocket

Home Forums Support anyone offer Core Web Vitals service for GeneratePress and WP Rocket

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Fraser

Hi David
    Added local fonts and implemented the action WP Rocket suggested – do you think this is an improvement?

The only 2 JS files to exclude were

/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.min.js
    platonik.ck.page

Thank you for contacting WP Rocket’s support.

I’m sorry for the trouble you are having with this. The error is coming from the Delay JavaScript execution option. Delay JavaScript Execution improves performance by delaying the loading of all JavaScript files and inline scripts until there is a user interaction (e.g. moving the mouse over the page, touching the screen, scrolling, pressing a key, scrolling with the mouse wheel).

Please try excluding the following Javascript from the Delay JavaScript execution:

/wp-includes/js/wp-emoji-release.min.js
    /wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.min.js
    /wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery-migrate.min.js
    /wp-content/plugins/convertkit/resources/frontend/jquery.cookie.min.js
    /wp-content/plugins/convertkit/resources/frontend/wp-convertkit.js
    /wp-content/plugins/menu-in-post/js/main-min.js
    /wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/menu-plus/functions/js/offside.min.js
    /wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/general/js/smooth-scroll.min.js
    /wp-content/plugins/table-of-contents-plus/front.min.js
    /wp-content/themes/generatepress/assets/js/main.min.js
    /wp-includes/js/wp-embed.min.js
    f.convertkit.com
    platonik.ck.page
    ck_data
    offSide
    smooth
    tocplus
    generatepressMenu

Copy the list of JavaScript files, then go to WP Rocket Settings > File Optimization > Delay JavaScript execution and paste the list into the Excluded JavaScript Files field.
    Save the settings and check your site, in a logged-out or incognito window. It should now be displaying correctly.
    Now remove each file from the list, one at a time. After each removal, save the settings and check your site. Repeat this until the website is broken again.
    When the website breaks, replace the last removed file back into the list and move on to the next file.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Still seeing a Google Font request when i test the site… it from a preload in the <head> of the document. Might be a left over ( or a setting ) in the WP Rocket Cache. Make sure theres no font preloading options selected anywhere and try clearing the WP Rocket caches.

Fraser

Is it solved now?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nope – still seeing it in the site. It goes away if i check the site with WP Rocket disabled.
    Can you check with WP Rocket on how to get rid of that preload ?

Fraser

WP Rocket said

I have checked the Google fonts request issue, and it’s there even when I bypass WP Rocket: https://i.imgur.com/lMCEVNH.jpeg.

From what I can tell, the Generateblock plugin is loading Google fonts.

But I have no idea how to solve this.
    Any ideas?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Damn.. how did i miss that… sorry about that.

On the Home page, under SEO Solutions – the 4 blocks, at least 3 of those H3 headlines have had the font set to Josefin and so does the Learn More button under Over 30 Years Combined Marketing & SEO Experience

Select them and uncheck the Google Font option in their Typography settings or just set the font to default.

Fraser

Thanks, David, I’ve fixed that.
    However, I just can’t seem to identify where Google fonts are being used on the blog posts.
    https://www.platonik.co.uk/backlinks/
    I’ve checked Customizer – Typography and paragraph/headers are all set to the local fonts now.
    Any ideas?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In the post below Summary the 3 link blocks, the last one SEO Training has a Google font selected.

Just tested the home page on PSI – and thats 100 green scrore and Lab Data results are great FCP 1.1 LCP 1.2 – really nice!

Fraser

Thanks, David; you are a star 🙂
    Finally fixed.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to be of help!!!

Fraser

sorry David, one final question
    Why do I have to click twice on mobile to open the navigation and why does the menu appear at foot of the page?
    See attached screencast

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Its related to the WP Rocket settings, as the issue goes away when i disable that.
    The Click Twice can happen if the Javascript is being delayed until user interaction.
    The menu below is probably related to the Optimized CSS Deliver or Unused CSS options.

Debug by unchecking relevant WP Rocket options to see which ones are interfering.

Within WP Rockets settings they provide Exclude files from the optimizations.
    Heres a list of JS you many want to add to those exclusions:

menu.min.js
    offside.min.js

And CSS files:

main.min.css
    offside.min.css
    Fraser

thanks, David, got the nav working but not the double click issue.

I can’t locate the full URL of the 2 CSS files you mentioned or if I’m using the correct exclusion fields in WP Rocket

2021-10-29_14-06-47.png

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not sure where exactly it is but this doc may help:

https://docs.wp-rocket.me/article/1349-delay-javascript-execution

According to that its on the File Optimization Tab

Fraser

Thanks, David, I got lucky, moved the JS files from excluding JS to delay JS option and that seems to work now.
    2021-10-29_14-27-13.png

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.