[Resolved] Any idea how i can speed this up?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Any idea how i can speed this up?

Home Forums Support Any idea how i can speed this up?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sjoerd89

If i check my website in Gtmetrix i get a really bad result.
    Now i understand that this is not the themes problem but i do not really know who else to go to with this. Is there anything i can do to speed this up? https://gtmetrix.com/reports/zilvertron.com/7z6MUBFV
    I tried adding some of the php code to my functions.php for deleting emoticons and such.

Nick

Though I’m not a support staff member, a few things I’d recommend:

1. Test it from a region as close as possible to the hosting location

You’ll probably need an account with GT or use tools.pingdom.com to test from their Stockholm location (which is closest to the Netherlands).

This will give you a way better indication since testing from Canada for a Dutch based site, will add a lot of time by default.

2. Look at your webhosting. If you are using a generic, cheap “shared” hosting service that stalls a lot of websites on a single server – you will notice it in your loading speed.

3. Make sure your caching plugin is running with the right settings.

4. Use an image optimizer plugin like shortpixel or ewww to reduce image sizes (which will reduce the size of the page by a fair amount and make it load faster)

5. Maybe reconsider the Google Maps in the footer widget area, since it probably adds a good amount of requests and size to the page. (You could avoid this by just adding it to the contact page or whatever, this way you avoid loading it on every single page and slowing things down unnecessarily)

I think if you address those few things you’ll see quite a nice improvement!

Hope that helps πŸ™‚

sjoerd89

Wow thank you for these tips. I will look into this and
    especially in my hosting (since i think i have the cheapest option there).

Thanks for your time

Nick

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

One more thing to keep in mind in terms of hosting..

Getting a more expensive plan on the same host, often doesn’t guarantee speed improvements unless they move you to better server hardware and/or a less crowded server.

Most of the time with cheap hosts you just get “more of the same” (more diskspace, more bandwidth, etc.), but not anything that actually matters for better performance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I assume you’ve done most of what’s listed here as well?: https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

Another big thing you can do is get your hosting to upgrade your PHP version to 7.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.