[Resolved] An Image before Featured Image is Completely Loaded (Grey Type Image)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] An Image before Featured Image is Completely Loaded (Grey Type Image)

Home Forums Support An Image before Featured Image is Completely Loaded (Grey Type Image)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mr McMarry

Hey Everyone :

So yea you read the title i want the grey image like in youtube till it loads the featured image because before featured image is loaded it just messed up my post title and excerpt so yea and i also want a image for that carousel please

Let me just clear my self :

As a new visitor you have to load all image from my website so please use incognito for that if you already visited once so yea as you visit you can see that :

it looks so creepy so i want an default one image which loads before featured images one and replace the places of featured imaged till featured images are completely loaded

and the carousel one :

i just want a grey image over there too for holding that carousel space and removed when carousel pop-in

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there, you may want to check out a Lazy Loader plugin that has a placeholder option. I don’t have one to recommend but this article covers a few of them:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/6-lazy-load-plugins-to-make-your-wordpress-site-faster/

Mr McMarry

None of them working on my featured image of my website

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi, ok if you’re resizing the images then it changes the markup so the lazy-load class isn’t added.

This topic here may be of use as it covers off how to fix this:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/featured-image-markup-on-archives/

Mr McMarry

Its not working perfectly images are not resizing to 300×220 , sizing to 300×174 something size which i don’t like

Mr McMarry

Images are not resizing as i am mentioning in PHP height is not resizing to 200

Mr McMarry

and one question is lazy load images are index by google bots? I read some articles and they said that with the new update on Google, the javascript render and loads the images so we don’t have to do anything?

and image resizing issue still exists.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did you use this code?: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/featured-image-markup-on-archives/#post-551955

Once you set a size, you may need to regenerate your thumbnails: https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

I’m not 100% sure about the Google thing – I would have to do some reading on it.

Mr McMarry

OK it worked but is it ok with seo because seo is important than lazy loads ?? please reply as soon as possible

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Unfortunately I don’t have the answer to that. You’d have to do some searching on it.

My gut tells me it shouldn’t matter. Google actually prefers if you don’t load off screen images right away, as it makes your site faster.

Mr McMarry

I Think that too, let’s see what’s the experience with it

Thank You for Co-operating with me and replying that fast.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No worries πŸ™‚

Mr McMarry

Humm it’s not working for my site anymore? sorry for disturbing for silly things but I tried but failed πŸ˜› and I also got some border radius in .post-image {border-radius:5px 5px 0 0} it’s no more I have no idea is this because of new updates or what its a while searching in forums πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What isn’t working exactly? The lazy loading?

Mr McMarry

Yea Lazy Load

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.