[Resolved] An error occurred while updating GP Premium: Download failed. Unauthorized

Home Forums Support [Resolved] An error occurred while updating GP Premium: Download failed. Unauthorized

Home Forums Support An error occurred while updating GP Premium: Download failed. Unauthorized

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kelly

Hi, I’m getting this error, while trying to update any ideas why?

Updating Plugin GP Premium (1/1)
    An error occurred while updating GP Premium: Download failed. Unauthorized

Thanks

Kelly

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Kelly.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This might help: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/trouble-updating/

Let me know πŸ™‚

Kelly

Ah, yes! Thank you πŸ™‚

Just had to turn it off and on again πŸ˜›

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad it’s working now πŸ™‚

Marc

Hey Tom, figured I’d revive this old thread as opposed to making a new one because I’m getting the exact same error and I went through and “updated” my license again, and still I’m getting the same error.

Are there any more advanced debugging steps I can take here?

As you can see, I’m updating from a very old version of GP Premium: http://prntscr.com/m8yj8b

Some other notes:

• I’m running this on my staging environment, so perhaps the URLs aren’t authorized?
    • I tried manually updating the plugin, but of course hit a roadblock because the plugin directory already exists. I’m also hesitant to delete / rename the directory because I don’t want to lose all my customizations.

Cheers Tom, really appreciate all you do here!

-Marc

Marc

Aha! Okay, so for anyone visiting this with a very old version of GP Premium (meaning you probably have that “update” button instead of a “save” button in GeneratePress > Appearance), you first have to deactivate your license by removing it and hitting update, then paste your license back in and hit “update” again.

This seems to trigger the service that registers the new domain on GeneratePress and authorizes you to install updates.

πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah yes – that used to be the process. We simplified things in a recent version πŸ™‚

Glad you got it sorted, and thanks for sharing the solution!

Jeffrey

Tom, so helpful as always man. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.