- This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 9 months ago by Tom.
May 3, 2016 at 6:07 pm #191446Kelly
Hi, I’m getting this error, while trying to update any ideas why?
Updating Plugin GP Premium (1/1)
An error occurred while updating GP Premium: Download failed. Unauthorized
May 3, 2016 at 6:25 pm #191450TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
- This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Kelly.
This might help: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/trouble-updating/
Let me know 🙂May 3, 2016 at 6:36 pm #191455Kelly
Ah, yes! Thank you 🙂
Just had to turn it off and on again 😛May 3, 2016 at 7:34 pm #191473TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperJanuary 18, 2019 at 7:36 am #785629Marc
Hey Tom, figured I’d revive this old thread as opposed to making a new one because I’m getting the exact same error and I went through and “updated” my license again, and still I’m getting the same error.
Are there any more advanced debugging steps I can take here?
As you can see, I’m updating from a very old version of GP Premium: http://prntscr.com/m8yj8b
Some other notes:
- I’m running this on my staging environment, so perhaps the URLs aren’t authorized?
- I tried manually updating the plugin, but of course hit a roadblock because the plugin directory already exists. I’m also hesitant to delete / rename the directory because I don’t want to lose all my customizations.
Cheers Tom, really appreciate all you do here!
-MarcJanuary 18, 2019 at 8:07 am #785663Marc
Aha! Okay, so for anyone visiting this with a very old version of GP Premium (meaning you probably have that “update” button instead of a “save” button in
GeneratePress > Appearance), you first have to deactivate your license by removing it and hitting update, then paste your license back in and hit “update” again.
This seems to trigger the service that registers the new domain on GeneratePress and authorizes you to install updates.
🙂January 18, 2019 at 9:19 am #785718TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Ah yes – that used to be the process. We simplified things in a recent version 🙂
Glad you got it sorted, and thanks for sharing the solution!April 18, 2019 at 6:28 pm #873092Jeffrey
Tom, so helpful as always man. Thanks!April 19, 2019 at 8:39 am #873610
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.