[Resolved] An error occurred while updating GP Premium: Download failed. Unauthorized

Home Forums Support [Resolved] An error occurred while updating GP Premium: Download failed. Unauthorized

Home Forums Support An error occurred while updating GP Premium: Download failed. Unauthorized

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nathan

Hi folks! Just migrated a newly build site from dev server to new domain name. GP Premium Plugin shows an update available. But receive error “An error occurred while updating GP Premium: Download failed. Unauthorized” when trying to update.

Verified the license shows that it’s authorized (“Receiving Updates”) in Appearance > GP, update still fails.

Removed and re-added license. Still fails.

Ideas?

This is GP 1.72 trying to upgrade to 1.73.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Re-adding the license should fix that.

Can you try just clicking the “Save” button below the license key field?

Nathan

Yes, that’s the first thing I tried. And yes I agree that usually does the trick (I’ve done that a lot).

But this time, no luck. Strange.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any caching plugins active on the site?

Nathan

I’m in the process of launching the site. Just set up caching a few moments ago, but previously no caching and still the error.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I wonder if the password protection is messing with it.

Have you had this issue with any of your other sites?

Nathan

Never had this happen before. I tried without the password protection active as well. Still not seeing the license correctly.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you run into this with any of your other sites for this particular version?

I’m checking your license logs, and everything seems to be set up fine. Is there anything else you can think of that would be masking the domain that the request is coming from?

Nathan

No. Never seen anything like this before.

Aside from it being a weird TLD the client selected (.group) I’m not sure. I’m not in control of the DNS but the raw domain and www are pointed at my server’s IP as I’ve done it in the past.

Just had another strange issue as well in that the Yoast sitemap cannot be read on Google Search Console. Getting a “URL restricted by robots.txt” error. Which is odd because there is no robots.txt.

In all the sites I’ve launched (and that’s a lot), I’ve not seen either of these issues before.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can send me temporary admin login details so I can take a closer look?: https://generatepress.com/contact

Be sure to mention this topic if so.

Thanks!

Nathan

Hi Tom! Bizarrely, this morning the GP plugin updated without a hitch along with a few others.

For now, looks like we’re good to go. Although I have no idea why this would have happened. Is it worthwhile for you to still take a look?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, likely nothing for me to see now.

Glad it sorted itself out ๐Ÿ™‚

Roger

I had the same thing happen to me today (Nov. 2). Tried to update from 1.7.2 to 1.7.3 and got the “Download Failed. Unauthorized” message as well. Site is still live and working, but don’t want to keep pushing my luck. Will try reentering the licence and see if that helps.

Roger

Okay, with held breath I only clicked the “save” button for the licence, and then tried the update again. Success!
    Weird day…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.