[Resolved] amend blog page into two separate category pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] amend blog page into two separate category pages

Home Forums Support amend blog page into two separate category pages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jamie

Hi!

At the moment I have a menu on my website entitled ‘blog’ where all my posts are. What I want to do is have two menus for posts – one page for ‘reviews’ which will show my review posts and one for ‘features’ which will show my features posts. I can go into the menu section in the backend of wordpress and create category menus which does what I want for features and reviews, showing only the posts I want. However, I would still now have a ‘blog’ page in the menu which shows all my posts which I don’t want. Between them, the ‘review’ menu and ‘features’ menu would show all my posts, so the blog menu wouldn’t be needed. I guess this is a long way of asking, can I just remove the blog page from the menu, or would this be damaging to SEO?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What would your home page display if you removed the blog? Do you have a static page you want to display instead?

If so, you can do so in “Settings > Reading”. That way you can just leave the “Posts page” option blank.

Doing so shouldn’t hurt your SEO at all.

Jamie

Hi,

My homepage is a static page. please see here – http://www.vinylchapters.com

My blog isn’t the home page/landing page

ah, ok, so i just go to settings – reading, and then move the ‘posts page’ option over to ‘-select’ which would be blank. Then take my blog page out of the menu i have so it’s not showing?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

yes, just remove the Blog menu item and instead add menu items using the category links.

Jamie

Perfect, thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could be of help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.