[Support request] Almost done! Previous GeneratePress options detected in your database…..

Home Forums Support [Support request] Almost done! Previous GeneratePress options detected in your database…..

Home Forums Support Almost done! Previous GeneratePress options detected in your database…..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    albabes

Almost done! Previous GeneratePress options detected in your database. Please click here to delete your current options for Exhibit to take full effect.

Hi GP’s
    I asked Tom a question about this in 2015 but didn’t comprehend the answer. Even after I re-read it today. Sorry, I’m slow in the head.

My question is if I delete said “settings”, will I kill my current look and feel, and revert back to a Default Exhibit look and feel?

I LIKE my look and feel and don’t want to lose years of work.

Thanks
    AL

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The way those old child themes work is to set the Customizer defaults. If you have saved options, the child theme won’t look like the demo, as the defaults have been saved over.

If you delete your settings, your site will look like the demo, but you will lose your saved settings.

In most cases, I would suggest ditching the child theme and using the Customizer to achieve a similar look. It’s likely time we remove those themes from WordPress.org.

Let me know if that makes more sense or not 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.