[Resolved] All posts are created equal…

Home Forums Support [Resolved] All posts are created equal…

Home Forums Support All posts are created equal…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Markus

And again, I use Generate Press with the Mantle theme.
    For some reason all types of posts like Links, Quote, Videos, Images, Asides look the same?
    Is this a feature or a bug?
    (In the original Generate Press Theme the post types does not look the same.)
    Then I switched back to Generate Press in the preview (without Mantle Child) – the posts look all the same.

+++
    By the way: the design in the preview looks all the same as the Mantle Theme – only the footer widget lost its setting. Are there only different settings in the child theme?
    I now switched back to Generate Press without Child Theme – no difference.
    +++

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Here’s some info on the post formats in GP: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/post-formats/#post-167186

There shouldn’t be any difference between them in the child theme vs GP itself.

The only thing the child themes do is change the design settings, so switching between the parent theme and child theme will change the design.

However, the child themes are built to only change the defaults, so if you’ve gone in and changed some settings and saved them, those saved settings will still be there if you change child themes (no one likes losing their settings).

To start from scratch using one of the child themes, you can reset the settings in “Appearance > GeneratePress”.

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Markus

Now I understand the post formats.
    ~~~
    No need to start from scratch: I just wondered – switching back to Generate Press without Child Theme made almost no difference.
    So, I just stick with the Original Theme.

Tom, thank you and have a nice day!

Markus

For me, it is resolved, but
    I can not change the status…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Still working out some bugs with the status option.

Glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.