[Support request] all.min.css

Home Forums Support [Support request] all.min.css

Home Forums Support all.min.css

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    sg

Hi, on the topic of optimizations, I’m trying to understand about this particular file.
    is this created on the fly after selecting all plugins values?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

No, this file is a combination of these three core CSS files:

unsemantic-grid-lite.min.css
    style.min.css
    mobile.min.css

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

sg

Great that explain why the class keep repeating at my custom optimizations ,
    i was wondering if its safe to dequeue these files and manually combine them and update them in one single file for each major updates.

wp_dequeue_style(‘generate-sticky’); //
    wp_dequeue_style(‘generate-blog’); //plugins/gp-premium/blog/functions/css/style-min.css
    wp_dequeue_style(‘generate-menu-logo’); ///plugins/gp-premium/menu-plus/functions/css/menu-logo.min.css
    wp_dequeue_style(‘generate-navigation-branding’); //plugins/gp-premium/menu-plus/functions/css/navigation-branding.min.css

i could shed 3 more request πŸ™‚

sorry, I am just a sucker for page optimizations πŸ™

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can do that if you don’t mind updating your custom file every time we make a change to one of those files πŸ™‚

sg

OK can i add all.min.css to the dequeue list ?

I am testing that now.
    one major issue, it seems when i dequeue the all.min.css the inline customs are missing.
    when I add it back its there.

is there any relation between these 2 ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you have the Combine CSS option turned on (Customize > General), then yes, you’ll want to dequeue that one.

All of the inline CSS is attached to the handle that style.min.css or all.min.css use: generate-style

If you re-add a stylesheet, you need to use that handle in the wp_enqueue_style() function.

sg

could you explain more in detail on this please. many thanks

” All of the inline CSS is attached to the handle that style.min.css or all.min.css use: generate-style “

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The inline CSS using wp_add_inline_style(), which attaches itself to an existing CSS file. That file has this “handle” (ID): generate-style

If you remove that handle, the inline CSS doesn’t know where to go.

If you remove generate-style, you must re-add it in some way.

Chris

Sorry to chime in here but I’m running into the same thing. I’m a seasoned developer but completely new to WordPress….and I also noticed the duplicate class selectors/files between style.css/all.min.css and was curious if I turn off the “Combine CSS” feature, will it remove the duplicates while also still provide ability to re-use the unsemantic grid? Unminified css would still be preferrable to duplicated.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Turning the option off won’t remove any duplicates, it will just load those 3 stylesheets instead of combining them into one.

The duplicates you’re seeing are just those 3 files combined into one file.

Tim

On my site that uses generate press… I have a form in a table (which comes from someone else and I can’t remove the table). And when I inspect with devtools… there is a 1px border coming from all.min.css from generatepress. Where and how do i set that to 0px as it looks terrible….
    I looked through all the theme settings and don’t see anything related to that.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tim,

You can override this specific border by re-applying a border:none; to its specific selector through custom CSS.

Example:

table,
    th,
    td {
    	border: none;
    }

And here’s how to add css – https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.