[Resolved] All CSS neglected after theme back-and-forth switch

Home Forums Support [Resolved] All CSS neglected after theme back-and-forth switch

Home Forums Support All CSS neglected after theme back-and-forth switch

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Coen

Hi,
    To determine an issue, I temporarily switched themes to the default TwentyTwenty.
    Now that I have switched back to Generatepress, strangely a lot (but not all) of my custom CSS (appearance – customize – additional CSS) is gone.
    I have a backup, so it’s not a really big deal, but any chance you guys know why that’s getting deleted in the first place?
    I find it particularly strange that it is only a portion (about half of the total it seems).

Additionally – when I deactivated all plugins and switched to TwentyTwenty on my staging site, after switching everything back to normal (plugins active and GeneratePress theme) my layout was pretty messed up.
    Is this normal? I’d think that after restoring everything back – everything would be exactly like before.

Cheers,
    Coen.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

WordPress stores the Additional CSS data as a “theme_mod”, so it’s attached to the theme you’re using.

If you switch themes, the CSS will go with it. However, it should come back once you re-activate the theme.

I don’t agree with it on their part, but that’s the route they took.

The site logo acts the same way.

The rest of your layout (Customizer settings) are stored as regular options, so switching/deactivating themes shouldn’t affect them at all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.