[Resolved] Alignment issues in DISPATCH (desktop & mobile)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Alignment issues in DISPATCH (desktop & mobile)

Home Forums Support Alignment issues in DISPATCH (desktop & mobile)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brenda

Hello,

Could you please advise?

We are doing quite a bit of customisation to the DISPATCH template and are having challenges in maintaining the crispness of the layout.

The layout aim is to keep the columns and sidebar (below the main grid/hero image) of each page contained within the width of the main image.

The issues are:
    1. Somehow, any tweaks to the layout of the HOME page also impact the layout on the other pages.
    2. We need the layout to be as crisp when viewed in landscape or portrait by mobile users.

Remedial work over the past few days has had mixed success, and my designer’s plan for resolving this is:
    1. Leaving the HOME page as it is now: the layout on desktop presents correctly and the other pages need to have similar look & feel.
    2. For all other pages, we would ask your help in making a correctly laid-out template (based on the CONTACT page) that would then be used/cloned for the other pages.

My questions therefore are:
    1. To achieve the template/CONTACT page:
    (a) How can we keep the all the titles/text aligned on the left hand side with the hero image?
    (b) On the right hand side of the hero image, how can we keep the sidebar contained to the same margin as the hero image?

2. We are hoping that correcting the desktop layout issues will help resolve the portrait to landscape viewing issues on tablet.
    (a) Is there a way to set the sidebar to display as centred on the page when stacked?

We’re using GP Premium, WP ShowPosts and Beaver Builder.

Thanking you in advance,
    Brenda

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if i compare the Home to the Contact page – the difference is the Contact page has its Page Builder Container set to Full Width, whereas the Home page is set to Default.

See here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

Let me know,

Brenda

Hi David,
    Many thanks, this issue is now resolved.
    (apologies for taking so long to get back to you on this)
    Regards, Brenda

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you got it resolved 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.