[Support request] Align Images with Text

Home Forums Support [Support request] Align Images with Text

Home Forums Support Align Images with Text

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Maybe the 3 column method will work better for you.
    You need to select the Columns block itself and from the Block settings tab in the sidebar you have the option to change the number of columns.

The easiest way to select the Columns is to click the Block Navigation menu icon in the Top Bar. Its on the left hand side, then simply click the Columns block you need to edit.

Linda

That’s what’s driving me crazy, David. I know I found that setting before and simply moved the number to 3. BUT I’d been trying and trying today before bugging you and could only get a setting that did percentage width.

Thanks to your suggestions here and earlier, I have now found the place by going to the block navigation bar and clicking Columns! Phew.

It’s hard to keep this stuff straight and not always easy to get to the setting you’re after! I will make it a point now to head first to that Block Navigation.

Will try this fresh tomorrow morning and post results.

As always, huge thanks!!

Linda

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome – fingers crossed πŸ™‚

Linda

Hi David,

Good news! 3 columns worked! πŸ™‚ Headings/lists/images/text all align much better in 3 columns.

My question is about image sizing in the 3 columns: how do I make all 3 images the same size so that the text beneath them lines up horizontally?

I’ve been playing with the image pixel sizes for each in block settings on right, but that isn’t working too well.

Should I edit the images in Irfanview or Paint so they are the same size; then, upload them? Or have you got a trick up your sleeve for doing this?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Linda

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – you’ll be teaching us how to use Gutenberg soon πŸ™‚

Personally, and considering how much pain the editor can be, i would always upload my images at the same size. It saves lots of fiddling in the editor.

Linda

Hi David,

Well, at least I could teach about creating 3 columns! πŸ˜‰

Thanks for the advice re. images. It’s one of those things experience teaches and I haven’t learned yet! I agree it’s easier to start with the same size given the editor’s foibles. Will work on resizing the 3 and uploading them again.

Will let you know how it works.

Linda

P.S. Different topic: do you know a way for me to add another review? Every time I try, the system just gives me my former one and nowhere to create a new one.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you mean a review on wordpress.org ? If so you can only create one

Linda

Yes, that’s where I meant, David. It’s the link that appears after clicking “Yes” to your support question.

If that’s their policy, I’ll just add to it occasionally.

Thanks,

Linda

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes, WP only allow one review per user – we appreciate all reviews and feedback πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.