[Support request] Again about generatepress.woff2, how remove?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Again about generatepress.woff2, how remove?

Home Forums Support Again about generatepress.woff2, how remove?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mindwork

Hi, there!

First of all I want to say thanks to the developer for a wonderful theme. I am very pleased with the theme.

I am optimizing the site, and very annoying font generatepress.woff2, results in pagespead scores are low because of the font. (i know about my js) but I would like to remove this font from the theme. Or is it possible to asynchronously load the font generatepress.woff2 using javascript or use CDN?

P.S: I read other topics, but it did not help me. (Sorry πŸ™ )

My site – 1v.kz

Thanks,

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It’s not possible to remove that font currently.

In GP 2.3, we’ll make it so it’s possible, however doing so will break icons on your site (mobile toggle etc..).

The font file itself is only 1.23 KB, so there might be something else going on if it’s slowing down your site. It’s a tiny file, so it shouldn’t have any noticeable effect on load time.

We’ll also be looking into using inline SVG icons instead of a web font in 2.3.

mindwork

I think SVG icons are the best solution, or add some icons via CSS (base64). Simply, for the sake of one hamburger icon I would not like to use this font.

and the second question, is it planned to support AMP pages? It would be great if you could immediately connect the amp page through you. I think you would expand your audience, as this is a promising technology. I understand there are many competitors and plug-ins, but you would think it would be better for me to implement this all.

P.S

I will wait for the removal of the font πŸ™‚ I know its size, but I would like to remove it. Thank you, I will wait for the news. Have a nice day.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s a handful of required icons that the font handles. I agree though – inline SVGs will be awesome.

Yes, we’ll be looking into integrating GP with the AMP plugin in 2.3 as well πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.