[Resolved] After Update many individual font size settings reset to default

Home Forums Support [Resolved] After Update many individual font size settings reset to default

Home Forums Support After Update many individual font size settings reset to default

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    joecocker

Hi Tom, just recently I observed again that my font size settings have been reset to their defaults after the latest update. This happens before and I always have to re-reset these values to my individual ones (normally smaller font sizes than 17px). Please could you have these values cached or saved anyhow during the update process so that my/our indivual settings don´t get overwritten?
    Best regards,
    Jürgen

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

These settings won’t ever change once you save them to the database unless you specifically change them.

Are you changing them using the Typography options in the Customizer?

When you update and go into the Customizer, do the actual settings revert back to 17px, or is it only on the website?

joecocker

Hi Tom,

Are you changing them using the Typography options in the Customizer?

Yes.

When you update and go into the Customizer, do the actual settings revert back to 17px, or is it only on the website?

They have changed back to 17px in the Customizer as well as on the website after the GP Premium update v. 1.2.77 / Theme 1.3.21 (for: Typografie > Widget Typography, Typografie > Footer Typography).

Thank you for looking after this 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What version did you update from?

joecocker

Sorry, not sure about that, but I guess it was just it´s predecessor

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – haven’t experienced that myself or received any other reports of it.

Keep your eye on for the next update (coming out tomorrow most likely) and let me know if you notice any changes.

joecocker

I noticed yet that the change/reset of font-size to 17px was triggered by an update of WordPress itself from 4.3 to 4.4 … this belongs only to the footer, the widget font-size hasn´t been touched – funny thing though, but it´s not really a lot of work to re-reset it back to my liking 🙂
    Sorry for taking your time – I very much appreciate your personal support and awareness – thank you!
    Your Template and Premium Plugin is still the burner with so many of my WP Installs, it´s just awesome and I still love it the more I use it 🙂
    Wish you a merry christmas and a joyous 2016 from Hamburg, Germany.
    Jürgen

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No worries! I work super hard to make sure that updates don’t revert any changes made to the theme, so I always want to know if you notice something weird happening.

Merry Christmas to you as well and Happy New Year 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.