[Resolved] aelia currency switcher

Home Forums Support [Resolved] aelia currency switcher

Home Forums Support aelia currency switcher

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sam

Hi, we use a plugin called Aelia currency switcher but it seems to have issues with Generatepress. It worked fine with our old theme but in testing, before we migrate I see that it has problems. In the link below is code that we add as a snippet that adds a flag GIF to and turns the currency selector into a select2 dropdown. Are you able to say why this might break Generate press? The symptoms are that the mini cart does not display and the currency switcher does not work.

https://aelia.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/3000081160-prices-by-country-how-to-show-flags-in-the-dropdown-country-selector-widget

thanks
    sam

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Tough to tell without seeing the issue live.

Just to make sure, this method works perfectly with a default twenty series WP theme?

Sam

Hi, I have uncovered another issue with this that I am hoping you can help me with?

I managed to get it working fine in the site’s footer, see staging site: dev.supereight.net

However, when I place the select2 drop down in the off-canvas menu so it can be used on mobile it does not work/display well. It is added as either a shortcode or a widget, in the case if the staging site it is a widget. Can you take a look and tell why this is as I cannot work it out. It should work the same as the one in the footer.

thanks
    Sam

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Which part isn’t working specifically?

Looks like it’s working for me?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/T7WDMBntwn1Y

Sam

Hey Leo, I worked it out, the z-index for the off canvas panel was really high so was hiding the drop down. I increased the z-index of its container and it seems to have fixed it.

thank
    Sam

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you figured out 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.