[Resolved] Advantages of Gutenberg

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Advantages of Gutenberg

Home Forums Support Advantages of Gutenberg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CRISTO

Just a general question here….I don’t use gutenberg…use GP premium with the old editor and it works great for me. Is there really any advantage to switch to Gutenberg? The old editor is still good for another year..so wondering if Gutenberg does something that improves my site now or just wait until they get all the bugs worked out. I did clone my site so I can play around with it, but wondering if I should just wait another year or so, or if there is a significant benefit to Gutenberg.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i think this is really down to user preference as the experience is significantly different to Classic editor – it may be worth having a ‘play’ with it on a test site to see if it feels right to you.

The biggest advantage is being able to add richer media content and columns without the need for plugins/shortcodes. It is not 100% WYSIWYG but you at least get a very good representation of what the front end will look like as GP integrates theme fonts and colors into the editor.

CRISTO

Thanks…I will stick with the classic editor for now and play around on my test site. Was mainly wondering if it improved my site performance…apparently not significantly and I am happy with GP premium with the classic editor for now.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Performance wise – won’t make a lot of difference, unless it allows you to remove plugins used in the content.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.