[Resolved] Adsense Plugin Fail With New Update – Rogue Ad Appeared

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adsense Plugin Fail With New Update – Rogue Ad Appeared

Home Forums Support Adsense Plugin Fail With New Update – Rogue Ad Appeared

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John Retzer

After the latest theme update, my adsense plugin reports that I have to manually remove the existing ad on the front page to use adsense. I didn’t put that ad there, so it’s a rogue ad.

How do I find the template file to take a look and edit it out?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

A rogue ad? Maybe check your content for that page? There’s no ads in the theme files unless you’ve been hacked or another plugin is inserting it.

Can you link me to your site so I can take a look?

John Retzer
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is it the top ad? If so, it looks like it would have to be in the header.php file.

Here’s the latest header.php file: https://themes.svn.wordpress.org/generatepress/1.2.9.5/header.php – definitely no ads.

Sometimes free hosts insert an ad like this into websites – are you using a free host by chance?

John Retzer

Not on a free host. Using A2 Hosting.

Is header.php the file I need to find on my server to check? I’m new to WordPress after porting this site over to WP from Expression Engine, which I used for a decade. In EE, I could edit the template files from within the control panel as needed. Can’t find a similar thing on WP.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In your Dashboard, go to “Appearance > Editor” – you’ll see the header.php file in there that you can check.

If it’s been added in there, chances are you’ve been hacked.

If it’s not, try deactivating all of your plugins and see if it disappears. If it does, activate them one by one until it shows up again.

Are you using GP Hooks? If so, did you add the adsense code in the “Before Header” hook in “Appearance > GP Hooks”?

John Retzer

Nothing there, so I’m going to go through the plugin deactivation/reactivation.

Thanks.

Rodrigo

Even if “Insert Adsense” plugin hasn’t been updated in more than 2 years, it works perfectly for me.
    In the last few days I wanted to change my main add on each page from a small one to a big one, and by only changing the HTML at Insert Adsense, all my pages changed at once. The other adds, stayed the same.
    It does exactly what it proposes…and works perfectly on my bilingual site.
    Here are examples of the same pages in two different languages:
    http://foradazonadeconforto.com/como-escolher-e-comprar-seguro-de-viagem/ (Brazilian Portuguese)
    http://outofyourcomfortzone.net/how-to-buy-travel-insurance/ (English)
    Simple and great plugin.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.