[Resolved] Adding page header at Full width

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adding page header at Full width

Home Forums Support Adding page header at Full width

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tom

Hello,

I would like to add an image to the page header for a page. I am using the Page Header addon and in the page have added a featured image. On the Content (vertical) Tab I have the container set to “Full Width”, Add Background Image on, however the image only shows if I have “Fullscreen” option on. Which makes the image to tall, I would like to restrict it to a certain size. Can I fix this?

Additional questions:
    Why do I need to switch “Add Background Image” on if I already have a Featured Image Added?

If I am setting the image based on the Featured Image what is the Image tab for? Does one override the other (my guess as it says “Currently using featured image”)?

Do the controls in the customizer affect the page header settings here?

Lastly, I am doing alot of header work with GP, I saw the 1.41 alpha video. Any ETA on when that would be released?

Thanks for the help!

-Tom M.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You can control the size by the top/bottom padding: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-header-content/#top-bottom-padding

You can use either the page header image tab or the featured image. Personally if I’m the page header then I’ll just use the image tab.

The customizer options allow you control the page header location.

New version should be released soon 🙂

You can start using it by becoming a beta tester though: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/beta-testing/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you have to choose between using the featured image and the custom image field, use the featured image.

If you use the custom image, it will overwrite the featured image. This can be useful if you want the post excerpt to show the featured image and the single post to use a different image.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.