[Resolved] Adding Items to Footer Bar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adding Items to Footer Bar

Home Forums Support Adding Items to Footer Bar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Linda

Hi guys,

I did read the post on the footer bar (https://docs.generatepress.com/article/footer-bar-widget-area/), but still can’t figure this out.

I got the copyright info inserted correctly. I want to add Privacy Policy, Terms of Use to it as well and have copyright float left; other 2, float right.

Here’s as far as I could get:
    1. Created a new menu called “Footer” and added the 2 items to it.
    2. Wasn’t sure which location to select as only 2 were listed – Main and Off Canvas. Couldn’t see a Footer Bar location. Off canvas seems to be related to mobile menus, though I could be off on that.
    3. After saving the new menu, I went to Widgets to find it, but it wasn’t there. Obviously I’m missing something!

The footer bar is the only footer menu I’m using.

Can you tell me what I’m missing/doing wrong? Widgets are not something I’ve used in the past – old site didn’t have them.

Any guidance will be appreciated, when you can get to it!

Thanks,

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. This is correct.

2. This is also correct. Footer menu isn’t listed there.

3. What do you mean it wasn’t there? When you add the Navigation Menu inside Footer Bar widget area, it should show the Select Menu option:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/UtE5JsDdJ

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Linda

Hi Leo,

Appreciate your prompt reply, especially on a Saturday. πŸ™‚

Your screencast helped: I was working from Menu on the main Customize index and not in Widgets! Once I went first to Widgets, I found Footer Bar, clicked on it, saw the same thing you had in your screencast. It was obvious then and I could put my footer menu where it belonged. When I checked, it was all beautifully aligned, too.

Thanks so much!

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad I could help πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.