Celebrating 7 Years! Get up to $30 off GeneratePress Premium!

[Resolved] Adding Custom Font

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adding Custom Font

Home Forums Support Adding Custom Font

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kle

I could be wrong but I think GoogleFont removed the font I was using on my site suddenly, it’s now working anymore.

I looked in documentation and found this page: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-custom-font/

I don’t use a child theme, what can I do in this case? Thank you.

GeneratePress 2.0.2
    GP Premium 1.6.2
    Kle

1. Upload font files to your server (child theme).

Do I need to have a child theme? Can I import all of my settings with one click if I create one? Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The actual font files need to be hosted on your domain, so a child theme is usually needed unless you build a plugin and include them in the plugin folder. You can create a plugin using this plugin: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/pluginception/

It will add a plugin folder in wp-content/plugins which you can upload your fonts to.

If you activate a child theme, the only GP settings you may need to re-set are the site logo and copyright. All of the others should remain.

You can be sure by exporting your GP settings first in “Appearance > GeneratePress”. That way if things aren’t right, you can import your saved settings.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Kle

Thank you Tom!

I went the child theme way, the font is working perfectly now:)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Christina

I created a child theme Where should I add the new fonts? Should I create a folder Fonts at the root of the child theme?
    The new fonts were added to the library on the parent theme. They show up by default when a new block is added, but not visible when editing an existing block of text.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

yes, create a Fonts folder in your child theme directory.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.