[Resolved] Adding a special link to the bottom of a page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adding a special link to the bottom of a page

Home Forums Support Adding a special link to the bottom of a page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CRISTO

My travel website often has several pages devoted to one city: for example this page is linked from my page that lists several locations in New York City. (this is my old website…not yet finished with the GP site)

To make it easier to navigate, I have a button at the bottom of the page “Back to Catholic Sites in New York City) so they don’t have to go back to the top and use the back arrow. Obviously, it cannot be universal since pages would be different for different cities.

Wondering two things:

1. Is that button useful or not?
    2. If it is useful, can I add it to GP (I have extremely limited website skills)

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Cristo,

1. I think it’s up to you and other users to decide if it’s useful or not? Let me know if this is not what you are asking.

2. This page shows you how to create all kinds of buttons: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-buttons/

Let me know if this helps or if you need additional assistance on creating buttons πŸ™‚

CRISTO

Thanks, Leo:

Well, I would like to stay away from anything to do with css…I just don’t feel confident enough for that. Yes, I am curious as to whether what I had before is useful….I think it is, but really have no way of knowing.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

CSS isn’t really that bad especially for the buttons page I provided. It might look a bit overwhelming but all you really have to do is copy and paste into Simple CSS and you will be able to use them wherever.

Let me know if you need more help πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

A plugin like Shortcodes Ultimate has button shortcodes if you’re more comfortable with those.

CRISTO

Thanks, everyone. Gues I will have to suck it up and learn a bit about CSS. Probably I am trying to make it sound more difficult than it really is.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let us know if you need help on some CSS. You will likely be able to simply copy and paste the code we provide without learning too much about CSS and it’s almost the best way to learn πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.