[Support request] Adding a sidebar that contains links at posts in same category

Home Forums Support Adding a sidebar that contains links at posts in same category

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by David.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    James

Hello:

I want to add a right hand side bar on all my post pages. This sidebar needs to contain links to other articles in the category.

In order to do this, I have changed the settings in customise/ layout/ sidebar menu and I have added a new category post element which confuses me a bit because under display rules/ location I have selected the post category from the drop down menu but then another drop down menu appears containing a list of all of my categories to choose from.

I don’t understand. Why do I need to select individual categories?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

If you want to display Posts of the Same Category on each of your single posts you will need a plugin like this:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/same-category-posts/

It provides you with a Same Category Post widget you can add to your sidebar. Then just set the Sidebar to be displayed on posts within the Customizer.

The Display Rules in Elements are solely for adding/changing that specific element, it won’t effect how a widget in a sidebar filters the recent posts for example.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.