[Resolved] Adding a popup modal form to a Hook element

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adding a popup modal form to a Hook element

Home Forums Support Adding a popup modal form to a Hook element

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Andrew

Hi, I’ve used the Hook element to add some fixed position CTAs sitewide (Call and Email buttons). I’m trying to add a modal popup for the Email button but am running into an error when I try to include a form in the popup, specifically the input submit part.

Am I going about this the right way? Do I need to use a shortcode for the form html?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

how are you adding the form and does it work from within the normal editor?

Andrew

Hi David,

I’m adding the form as html into the content area of a hook element.

Appearance > Elements > New Hook

The code I add gets cut as soon as it reaches this line:

`<input style=”background-color:#cf6aa4;” class=”elementor-button” name=”submit” type=”submit” value=”Request a quote ” />

It also breaks the Edit Hook element page layout as well.

The form code I’m adding works fine in a custom html widget in the sidebar. e.g. https://www.healthy-weight.co.uk/gastric-band/

Thanks,

Andrew

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is the HTML in the Hook identical to that in the widget? Just want to make sure there isn’t any errors in the markup. Let me know.

Andrew

Hi, yes, same code.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Could you share the HTML so i can do some tests?
    When adding code you need to highlight it and use the Code button before submitting.

Andrew

Thanks David,

Code removed

And now I’ve separated the following Javascript into a separate hook.

Code removed

Andrew

I thought the offending line was the submit input line but it appears to be the closing textarea, presumably because the area I’m entering the code into is also a textarea.

Publishing the following hook…

<textarea>This is a textarea</textarea>

…results in the following being saved

<textarea>This is a textarea

Any solution for including a text area in a hook? I’m assuming shortcodes but again, if there’s another way to produce the desired outcome I’m all ears.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes, the textarea is the issue, looking into this, it could be a bug. I’ll update asap.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I tweaked this in 1.8.0-alpha.2, which we’re hoping to release tomorrow.

If you want to try the fix now, go to wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/elements/class-metabox.php and find this line:

<textarea id="generate-element-content" name="_generate_element_content"><?php echo get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_generate_element_content', true ); ?></textarea>

And replace it with this:

<textarea id="generate-element-content" name="_generate_element_content"><?php echo esc_textarea( get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_generate_element_content', true ) ); ?></textarea>

Let me know if that fixes it for you or not πŸ™‚

Andrew

Hi Tom,

That has indeed fixed it. Thanks very much πŸ™‚

Andrew

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Michael Loguidice

I am also trying to add a pop-up to my site… just wondering if this is done in Elements – header (type)?

the instructions from Mailchimp said: “Paste the code into your website’s HTML just before the closing < / head > tag.”

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you would use the Hook Element to add the code. And select the WP_Head hook from the list.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.