[Support request] Adding a filter to remove the word category on archived pages

Home Forums Support [Support request] Adding a filter to remove the word category on archived pages

Home Forums Support Adding a filter to remove the word category on archived pages

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kris

Hey Tom, I was looking at the theme and was wondering how to filter out *Category:* on archived category pages with a plugin.

This is what I’ve found so far.

add_filter( 'generate_archive_title', function ($title) {
      if ( is_category() ) {
        $title = single_cat_title( '', false );
      }
      return $title;
    });
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That looks like it should work – is it not working for you?

Kris

Not really! Any thoughts?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Actually, the word “Category” shouldn’t display in your title by default. Can you link me to the page?

Toni

I tried the Simple CSS code and the word “Category:” continues to appear in the title. Do you have another solution? I also tried to make a new hook – but can’t find where to make a new hook. Appearances/Elements in the instructions – but Elements is not there. My page is still on local. Can you help?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

any chance you can raise a new Topic where you can provide a link to your Site using the Site URL Field.

For the missing Elements, make sure you have the Elements module activated in Appearance > GeneratePress

Toni

Okay – I found the way to add a new hook. I do not know what to do now. The hook I want is to remove the word “Category:” from the archive title. So far I am on the page called Add New Element. What is the title? Would “Remove word category from title” work? I selected before_archive_title, and checked Execute Shortcodes. I do not know what to do about Execute PHP, and Priority. Also, I do not know the code to enter. And what about the Display Rules…For Location I put “All Archives”. Exclude is blank. Users is “All Users”. Can you please send a link with these instructions?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry the two things are unrelated. The “Category” should not display by default, its not something that can be removed by using Hooks. I need to be able to see the Site so we can try and ascertain where it is coming from.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.