[Resolved] Adding a comment privacy checkbox to my theme’s comment form

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adding a comment privacy checkbox to my theme’s comment form

Home Forums Support Adding a comment privacy checkbox to my theme’s comment form

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anita

I’m trying to get my site GDPR updated and need to add a privacy checkbox to my comments section. It shows up with a WordPress default setting, but not with GeneratePress. How do I fix this to be compliant with the new laws?

Will I have to do this on each individual site?

Anita

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Anita,

can you clarify what your expectations are? I am not clear on what you need from GeneratePress. Let me know.

Anita

Apparently, we have to have a check box for our comments sections that a visitor is supposed to tick, showing they consent to having their info saved for the next time they comment. This check box shows up on the default WordPress themes, but not on some other themes, which includes GeneratePress.

We’re supposed to search out the code that suppresses the consent box and replace it with code that lets it show up. Here’s the article I’m working from.
    <li>http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-add-a-gdpr-comment-privacy-opt-in-checkbox-in-wordpress/</li>

I am not really techy with this sort of stuff, so I really don’t know where I’m supposed to look for the file I’m supposed to amend. I have, in the past, had to change something under the hood so to speak, but I’ve forgotten a lot of what I’d learned at the time.

If I can’t figure it out, I’m just going to disallow comments for the time being. Not really a big deal, since no one is beating down the door to do that.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The checkbox was added in GP 2.1.2. Make sure you’re up to date 🙂

Anita

I am up to date! I update as soon as one comes around. And that stupid box is now showing. Can’t miss those big bold letters! So I know it wasn’t there when I posted!

Sorry to have troubled you! Thanks for your patience!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.