[Resolved] added image and button to nav. menu, but now they are misbehaving

Home Forums Support [Resolved] added image and button to nav. menu, but now they are misbehaving

Home Forums Support added image and button to nav. menu, but now they are misbehaving

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James

Hello,

I’ve found how to add an image to the nav menu, and also make a social icon float in the right hand area. However, they seem to be misbehaving a bit now. The image in the nav menu appears to be aligned to the top, and the hover is always on, but seems to come and go depending on which page you’re on. The social icon appears to be bottom aligned.

The code for the nav button is, i just have the URL pointing to my home page and nothing else:

Home

The code for the social icon is:

and the css class is: menu-item-float-right

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

first the logo/image – instead of adding that as a menu item why not use the Navigation as a header this will add your site identity logo to the navigation:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-as-a-header/

For the social icon try this CSS:

.fb_iframe_widget span {
        vertical-align: middle !important;
    }
    James

The social icon CSS worked. However, if I make navigation my header then where/how do I put my leaderboard ad. in it’s same slot?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok so with your current set-up try this CSS to remove the background colors on static and hover:

.nav-aligned-center .main-navigation .menu>li:first-child a, .nav-aligned-center .main-navigation .menu>li:first-child:hover a {
        background-color: transparent;
    }
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.