[Resolved] add new page from top bar goes to 'posts' not 'pages'

Home Forums Support [Resolved] add new page from top bar goes to 'posts' not 'pages'

Home Forums Support add new page from top bar goes to 'posts' not 'pages'

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Elisabeth

Hello GP Support

I have an issue that is occurring on a number of sites I have – they all have GP as the theme with the Pro plugin as well. It may be another plugin that is causing this problem as I often use the same trusted plugins across a number of sites. It is NOT happening on the sites I have access to that don’t have GP as the theme, however.

When I’m logged in to the dashboard I have along the top of the screen a bar with various options – customize, new, etc, and sometimes some extra ones related to specific plugins. When I click on ‘new’ it offers me various options – new user, new post, new page, etc. When I click on new: ‘page’ it creates a new blogpost/post rather than a new page. When I click on new: ‘post’ it (as expected) takes me to a post. I’m a bit baffled by this and because it is happening on the sites I have with GP as the theme but not on a couple of other ones I’m wondering if this is a bug within GP that may need looking at.

As I said, it may also be a plugin and I’ll start deactivating them in a bit if it isn’t a theme issues – to see if I can isolate the problem that way.

In case it helps I’m using the latest version of WP and the latest updates on GP and GP Pro across the board on all my sites.

Thank you for taking a look at this.
    Elisabeth

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The admin bar is all handled by WordPress itself and GP really doesn’t have any control over it.

Please try disabling all plugins to see if any of them is causing a conflicts.

We’ve never had other reports on this either.

Elisabeth

Okay – thanks for that – I’ll move on to the next phase of trying to work it out by disabling plugins.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem.

Let me know how it goes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.