[Support request] Add Headers to Layout settings

Home Forums Support [Support request] Add Headers to Layout settings

Home Forums Support Add Headers to Layout settings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Greg

I’m a new GP user, and running up against some limitations.

Seems like Layouts should be able to control the header along with other standard page sections.

Layouts saved as Elements should be selectable from individual pages, as Layouts are basically a replacement for Page Templates.

It would also be helpful to be able to select Headers in the Layout panel, just as there are sections for Sidebars, Footer Widgets, Disable Elements, and Page Builder Container.

Cheers.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

We’ve played with this before, but being able to select those Elements per page like that adds a layer of complication.

Using the Display Rules allows you to see exactly where each Element is in use, all within one area. It also allows you to add/remove display rules without much effort.

Having them selected on individual pages causes confusion, as all of a sudden the Display Rules wouldn’t work if an Element (mostly headers) already occupied the spot you’re trying to set. It also makes it much harder to remember where each Element has been added.

A page can also have multiple Layouts added to it, which would complicate matters even more if they were set on the actual page.

It’s not something we’ve completely closed the book on, but that’s where we’re at for the moment.

Greg

At least, can Page Template be added to the location rules for Elements? That would allow me as the developer to set them up in a way that is still accessible to authors.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ll definitely see whether it’s possible or not 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.