[Support request] Add extra menu in some pages

Home Forums Support Add extra menu in some pages

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dylan

Hey, I am rebuilding this website in WordPress for a client.
    I’ve come pretty close so far using GeneratePress but I am stuck at this point.

I need the second menu on the three producten (products) categories. Those will be three different “second navigations”.
    It has to be sticky and attached to the regular menu.

Attached the URL of the HTML site I am recreating. If you want my URL, please let’s PM.

Any ideas of how I can do this?

Regards.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

dynamic menus for the secondary nav will require a plugin like Conditional Menus in the WP repo.
    To make the entire header element sticky will require CSS – as the built in Sticky Nav won’t work.

If you want to set up the menus, and edit your original topic and change the site URL we can assist with the CSS

Dylan

I’ve set up the menu and added the link to the WordPress but at the moment instead of adding an extra menu it replaces the main menu. How should I set it up properly?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If you need a second menu, your best bet is to use the Secondary Navigation module. Then, you can use the plugin that David mentioned to replace the items in that menu depending on your set conditions.

Let me know if that helps or not 🙂

Dylan

Ok, thank you. How can I make the secondary navigation sticky with the regular menu?
    + I don’t want a mobile menu for my second navigation. Only for the regular menu.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

To keep the secondary navigation horizontal ( ie. no mobile toggle ) – this article explains how:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disable-secondary-navigation-mobile-menu/

To make it sticky would mean disabling the GP Sticky Navigation and using some CSS on both navigations. If you want to disable after you have done the above then i can take a look.

Dylan

Great! So far this all worked. I would love to have sticky on both menus. Main menu, and the secondary. If you get what I mean. So maybe, under the mobile main menu have a few other links.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Couple of things first:

1. Disable Sticky navigation – we’ll use CSS to fix them both, but there will be no transition.
    2. I would suggest enabling the Mobile Header so it occupies less vertical space. Currently your at risk of half the screen being covered by site header and secondary nav on small devices.

Dylan

I’ve done both! 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this CSS:

.main-navigation, .secondary-navigation {
        position: -webkit-sticky;
        position: sticky;
    }
    .main-navigation {
        top: 0;
    }
    .secondary-navigation {
        top: 120px;
    }
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.