[Resolved] Add categories to shop page in woocommerce

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Add categories to shop page in woocommerce

Home Forums Support Add categories to shop page in woocommerce

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    CRISTO

I know I must be doing something wrong. Using the GP premium and following your woocommerce settings, but cannot seem to add categories to my shop page. I want about 4-5 general categories on that page. I am new to woocommerce, so I looked at several online videos that say go to “products” then underneath an option to show shop page display: “show products”.
    You could change that by going to the shop page display and click “show categories”.

That option no longer exists in woocommerce, and I don’t see it in the GP premium settings either. So not sure if I am missing something in GP or I did not set up woocommerce properly.

Ignore the widgets at the bottom of the page….they are on all my pages. Would not to show them on shop page but did not see an option for that.
    I did somehow manage to get one category on the page (Christmas and Advent) but have no idea how.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Try going to Customize > WooCommerce > Product Catalog – you should see the “Shop page display” option there.

Let me know πŸ™‚

CRISTO

Thanks, Tom. I already did that but still does not show categories on shop page.

I think I may have messed up the installation of Woocommerce so I will delete it and re-install.

CRISTO

I re-installed but still have the same problem. Probably some simple setting I have overlooked, but I only get one category on my store’s home page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So categories are showing on the product catalog page? Do you have published products in multiple categories?

CRISTO

Got to run off right now…..not sure if they are yet or not. Shows two of my categories, but then when I tyry to add another it does not take. Still learning woocommerce, which is where my main problem lies, I think.

Will post more later.

CRISTO

Well, of course it was something simple. I was adding categories that did not yet have any products in them. Apparently it does not work that way.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s a WordPress thing mostly – once posts/products are added, the categories should display πŸ™‚

CRISTO

Yes, it worked out fine…thanks Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.