- This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 2 months ago by David.
May 8, 2019 at 4:27 am #892680Jose
I’m creating a new custom header with Elementor pro. This header overwrites the GP header so I lose the main menu, but I like the search button.
Could I keep the GP menu with the Elementor header?
Or better yet, could I add the GP Main Menu search button to my custom Elementor menu?
PS. I’m working in local.May 8, 2019 at 6:50 am #892898DavidStaffCustomer Support
you could save your header as a normal elementor template and then add the template shortcode to a Hook Element. That way you keep the GP Menu and Search.May 8, 2019 at 9:45 am #893147Jose
thank you for the annotation.
I did what you suggested. I created a section with Elementor and added it to a hook element. But the result is not very good. When you load the page flashes for a second.
Would it be possible to add the GP navigation search to the Elementor menu?
ThanksMay 8, 2019 at 9:53 am #893155LeoStaffCustomer Support
The page flashes issue explained here:
GP’s navigation search only works with GP’s menu.May 12, 2019 at 10:20 pm #897456Jose
Thanks Leo, very usefull.May 13, 2019 at 7:22 am #897952LeoStaffCustomer SupportMay 14, 2019 at 4:46 am #898791davide
I am quite new to wordpress and GP pro. I read your answer but I couldn’t implement the solution. I recap what I understood.
– I have to create a section template with Elementor Pro
– I create a new hook element in GP. Which kind of hook, considering that I have to use my elementor template as nav menu (float right related to the logo)? I guess it’s “iniside navigation”. I would like the GP search icon to be at the right of the nav menu
– I paste in the text box, under “settings”, of the new hook element, the shortcode of the elementor template.
I think I am missing something, because in this way it shows in the hook position of my website only the shortcode of the elementor template.
Thank youMay 14, 2019 at 4:53 am #898805DavidStaffCustomer SupportMay 18, 2019 at 8:17 am #903673davide
I just did it, thank you!May 18, 2019 at 8:23 am #903676
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.