[Resolved] Add a dynamic blog roll section in front page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Add a dynamic blog roll section in front page

Home Forums Support Add a dynamic blog roll section in front page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thassia

Hi, I have built my site based on the catalyst demo. I would like however to have the last section of my front page displaying my recent, say, 3 blog posts in a grid layout or 3-column style. How can I achieve this?
    I tried playing with sections and elements but couldn’t find a solution. Here is my site.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you would need a plugin like Tom’s WP Show Posts – the free version will do what you need:

https://wpshowposts.com

It generates a shortcode that you could hook into your Home Page using the Hook Element.

Thassia

I David, I tried doing that. I installed the plugin and created a page to show 3 posts. I then created a hook element and added the shortcode. I set display rule to show just before footer in front page (as I am not sure how to set rule after the last section on front page). But then it displays the shortcode and not the blog. Do you know what I could be doing wrong?

Thassia

I tried again adding the shortcode on the front page sections instead of the elements and it worked. Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

When using the Hook Element, you need to check the Execute Shortcodes checkbox 🙂 Glad to be of help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.