[Support request] activating php8.0 returns “critical error” message when gp-premium is active

Home Forums Support [Support request] activating php8.0 returns “critical error” message when gp-premium is active

Home Forums Support activating php8.0 returns “critical error” message when gp-premium is active

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Martin

Hi,
    I tried activating PHP 8.0 on our server, but when I do, my wordpress website returns a critical error message.
    I debugged the problem to figure out which plugins could be causing the issue, and it appears gp-premium is causing the issue for us. When I move gp-premium folder out of the plugins directory, then the wordpress website loads properly.

I would like to know if indeed the problem is related to gp-premium, or if it is a matter of turning on/off a switch in WHM?

I saw the following topic in the support forum about this issue, but I couldn’t understand what needs to be done exactly to fix the issue.
    link: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/php8-error/

Thank you for your time.

Martin

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you getting the exact same error as the post you found and linked?

If so I’d recommend sharing that with your hosting support as David recommended.

Martin

Thank you for your quick repsonse!
    I did not see that specific error message listed in the other topic (“You may need to use mysqli_connect() instead of mysql_connect() to correct the problem. We highly recommend contacting your developer to ensure that the scripting on the website is compatible with PHP 8.0.”). I only saw the error message “critical error” when trying to access the website. I do not know what the exact error is… All I know is when I remove gp-premium from the plugins folder, the website loads.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you check the error_log to see what the exact error is?

You can ask your hosting support to help with this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.